Cancellation made more than 24hrs before booking start: 10%of Booking Fee
Cancellation made within 24hrs of booking start: 50 % of Booking Fee Cancellation made after booking start: No Refund
(Cancellation refund will be done through the original payment method within 7- 10 working days)
Reschedule before start #
Modifications made more than 24hrs before booking start: 10% of Booking Fee
Modifications made within 24hrs of booking start: 50% of the hourly fee of the time period no longer being used (If your initial booking was 4pm-8pm and you reschedule to 6pm-10pm, you will incur a charge of 50% of the hourly fee of the 2 hours from 4pm-6pm that are no longer being used)
Extension post start #
The extended period will be billed at 1.2X of the hourly fee
Shortening post start
No charges or refunds applicable
First 2 hours of delay would be charged at ₹50/hour,
Next 2 hours of delay would be charged at ₹100/hour, and
Subsequent hours of delay would be charged at ₹200/hour.
These charges would be in addition to the hourly fee for use of the vehicle.
- # Extensions and modifications are subject to availability.
- All Refunds made shall be through the original payment account only within 7-10 working days.
- Motorishta reserves the right to charge a fee for specific pre-defined accessories.
Also, a list of penalties that can be levied if members violate certain Motorishta community rules.
Traffic and Parking violations
Full payment of fines + ₹500 per 30 days late in payment
Bookings would stand cancelled if after 4 hours of booking start time the customer still doesn’t show up.
No refunds would be applicable
>= 90 km/hr
₹500 (over and above any government fines that may have been levied)
Expulsion from Motorishta if overspeeding occurs in two bookings
>= 120 km/hr
₹1000 (over and above any government fines that may have been levied)
Expulsion from Motorishta
Key not returned at end of reservation
₹100 + replacement cost, if not returned within 3 days
For any consequential damages, the customer will be liable to pay the entire cost of repair
Any unintentional/accidental damage will be liable for the damage charges of Rs. 1000/- (full-wrap insurance covers the rest).
Towing and Impounding
No cost if caused by vehicle failure
Full cost if caused by user negligence
Washing would be charged at ₹70
Note: Payments owed by members will be deducted from the security deposit. If the security deposit does not cover such payments, the balance must be paid by the member electronically.
*Please note there are four cases where there will be exceptions:
- In the event the member is found to be under the influence of alcohol during a booking, the member will be held liable for 100% of the vehicle damage bill as per the invoice received from the vehicle workshop.
- The member will be liable for 100% of the entire vehicle damage bill in the event that the vehicle workshop and/or insurance company deem the damage to be consequential in nature (this will be clearly stated in the accident report). Consequential damage occurs when the member continues driving even after an external vehicle impact, thereby severely undermining the condition of the vehicle.
- In the event a non-Motorishta member is found to be the one driving at the time of accident, then the member will be held liable for 100% of the vehicle damage bill as per the invoice received from the workshop.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, only 150CC vehicles are permitted for trips to regions having higher altitudes including but not limited to Leh or Ladakh districts in Jammu & Kashmir. Damages caused to the vehicles except falling under 150CC category will attract charges viz; damages fees of Rs. 1000/- along with repairs cost, towing cost, travel cost of representatives of Motorishta and other related charges, if any on actual basis.